Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Alibis in Arkansas

Three Romance Mysteries:
Death on a Deadline - Christine Lynxwiler
Drop Dead Diva - Jan Reynolds
Down Home and Deadly - Sandy Gaskin

I have typically found that these types of books are a bit hokey, shall we say. But I truly enjoyed each of these three stories.


Written by sisters themselves, they chronicle three separate murders that sisters Jenna Stafford and Carly Reece stumble upon. Actually, Jenna typically does the stumbling; Carly seems to be more along for the ride.

They are not heavy in the romance department even though the cover says “Three Romance Mysteries.” And I was great with that. There was just enough to be interesting but not drawn out or intense.

The mysteries themselves were also good. Either I haven’t read a mystery/suspense in a long time or I’m losing my edge. Because I was unable to figure out “who dunnit” in each one.

Quick, fun reads.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Becki, for the great review/recommendation of Alibis in Arkansas! My sisters and I had so much fun writing these three mysteries. (Most people don't realize it, but we all three wrote all three books together. That made for a lot of late night plotting/writing sessions, but a lot of laughter too!) You have no idea what a thrill it is to know you didn't figure out "who dunnit!" Thanks again for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete