Friday, September 10, 2010

The Ordinary Princess - M.M. Kaye

This is one of my favorite books from when I was young. I just finished reading it to the girls as their bedtime story.


M.M. Kaye just has such a whimsical way to her word choice and use of those words. And I love the story concept. A fairy’s mischief creates a princess who is most ordinary…something not quite acceptable in the royal kingdoms. However, despite this perceived issue, Her Serene Royal Highness Amethyst Alexandra Augusta Araminta Adelaide Aurelia Anne (Amy for short) is ready for adventure and a good life lived on her terms.

I can say that I enjoy the story concept because when I was younger and dreamed of being an author myself, I fashioned many at tale from this concept.

It is a delightful read.

No comments:

Post a Comment