Saturday, March 19, 2011

The Devil Wears Prada - Lauren Weisberger

I saw the movie a few years ago. A friend from book club had the book as a suggestion to read. We didn’t end up picking it for a club selection, but I asked to borrow it. I felt like reading something light and witty. I wasn’t disappointed.


Andrea Sachs dream is to write for The New Yorker. She believes she is on the fast track for that dream job when she lands a position as the assistant to THE editor of Runway magazine. Little does she know what the job is going to require of her physically, mentally, and emotionally.

I enjoyed the book (but could have done without the language). You know, so often when we are in the midst of something, we really are blind to how it is affecting and changing us. We are focused on just the moment to moment to achieve the end goal and don’t realize that we could be causing our world to fall apart around us.

That’s why it’s so important to have balance – something I continually struggle with.

No comments:

Post a Comment