Sunday, August 7, 2011

Just So Stories - Rudyard Kipling

Synopsis from collectorz.com: Drawing from the oral storytelling traditions of India and Africa, Noble prizewinner Rudyard Kipling's vigorous, amusing tales offer imaginative answers to unanswered questions about animals and provide little pearls of wisdom. These classic tales, filled with playfully clever animals and people have entertained young and old alike for over a hundred years.


I don’t believe that I’ve ever read Kipling’s Just So Stories although I had certainly heard of them. So I figured it was high time to check them out.

Many of them address a “Best Beloved” in them – as if the stories are told orally. Which, really, I think would be the best avenue for the tales of how things came to be the way they are.

I found them amusing.

No comments:

Post a Comment