Sunday, August 7, 2011

Tramp for the Lord - Corrie Ten Boom

Synopsis from BarnesandNoble.com: This is Corrie ten Boom's story: beginning where her profoundly moving bestseller ended, taking us on a uniquely thrilling tour to the nearest and farthest corners of the earth. She is a modest and simple woman who has seen and known a world few others could imagine; a survivor of Hitler's worst concentration camps and one of the most remarkable evangelists of our time.


When Corrie ten Boom was released from the concentration camp in Germany, she took with her a vision in her heart. A vision given to her by her sister who died in camp. A vision to be hope and work towards restoration and forgiveness…in Germany and around the world.

This is the story of “Tante Corrie” fulfilling that vision. With the help of God. The book provides various short vignettes of her travels and her speaking and her life. She is very real, showing where she in her humanness failed but God’s grace was redemptive.

Corrie ten Boom and her life are beyond inspiring. It leaves me asking God: what more do you have for me to do? I mean, if He can use a 70 and 80 year old woman to bring salvation to those around the world…surely He has something more for me. But perhaps I need to start with the small works He’s placed in front of me – and focus on doing them totally surrendered and with all my heart.

My only qualm with the book (and it’s a small one) is that my very left brained mind would have preferred for the antic dotes to be in chronological order. But even with them hodge podge, what an example to learn from!

No comments:

Post a Comment