Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Wear This, Toss That! - Amy E. Goodman

Synopsis from Borders.com: From the shopping expert of NBC's "Today" comes an accessible fashion guide for every woman that offers advice on fashion and beauty swaps that can save her looks, her budget, and her time.


I enjoyed reading this book. It was easy to read and to even find the particular area or clothing category you wanted more information about. The pictures were great, and I was entertained by the fact that in a lot of the “toss” pictures for pants, skirts, dresses, etc., the models were wearing the exact same “don’t wear” shoes. Guess it took them a lot to get the message. :)

My only hesitation about the book is that there were some things that seemed contradictory to each other. So then I was confused. Also, I definitely think it should be used more as a reference book rather than reading straight through like I did. I was pretty done with it all by the time I got to makeup and hair products.

Still, worth checking out and heeding the advice off. Especially if you like What Not to Wear but can’t get anyone to nominate you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment