Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Learning - Karen Kingsbury

Synopsis from Borders.com: Bailey Flanigan is growing closer to her dream to be an actress and dancer in New York while Cody coaches a small high school football team ... on and off the field. But neither feels complete without the chance to share their dreams with one other. Can distance truly make the heart grow fonder? Or will Cody learn to turn to others to share in his happiness? And when tragedy strikes? Who will be there to provide comfort in the face of loss? As Cody's past catches up with him, he must learn to reach out for help or risk withdrawing permanently inside himself. Both Bailey and Cody find themselves learning significant life lessons in this poignant love story, featuring members from Karen Kingsbury's popular Baxter family.


Now I am very much a Karen Kingsbury fan. And it pains me to write this…I really did not like her latest book in the Bailey Flanigan series, Learning. I don’t know if it’s because I feel so attached to the characters and found myself spending much time yelling at them and disappointed in them. Or if it was because the story itself seemed to drag and not really go anywhere.

I do still enjoy how Karen shares her life through the story of the Flanigan family. And I’m holding out hope for the next book. I believe she has an amazing gift and a good heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment