Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Venetian Affair - Helen MacInnes

There is no synopsis online for this book…it was published in 1963.  I’ve also owned it for a while (but not since 1963).  I think I picked it up at a local library about 5 years ago.  It was on the sidewalk in a box full of books marked FREE.  What can I say?...I’m a sucker for free books.
Basically this is a government espionage story set in during the Cold War with a little romance thrown in.
It took me a couple of chapters to get into it.  However, once I got into it, I read it in three days.  Okay, it probably helped that for those three days I was primarily in bed sick with strep and some other virus.  But, really, most of the time I felt too crummy to even ready.
While I enjoyed the story, the book is going into the “To Pass On” pile instead of returning to the bookshelf.  It’s not one I would see myself re-reading in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment