Sunday, May 13, 2012

The Mother-in-Law Dance - Annie Chapman

Synopsis from B&N:  Can two women love the same man and still get along? Absolutely! Annie Chapman believes that a mother–in–law and daughter–in–law can become friends—even close friends. However, this connectedness often takes years to develop. Now that journey can be a joyful one! Offering practical advice and biblical wisdom, this book helps mothers–in–law and daughters–in–law nurture their relationships.

Anyone who knows me knows that I seek information for all sorts of things from books.  And that I’m always trying to improve every area and relationship in my life.  (It’s the bit of perfectionist in me).  So when I came across this book in a blog I figured Why not read it?  I don’t have a bad relationship with my MIL.  However, there’s always room to grow.  At least I know I always have room to grow.

The book was good.  Interesting.  Encouraging.  And it was certainly full of biblical wisdom.  Where I found it lacking was in the “practical advice” part.  A lot of the information was more open ended and less specific.  Which makes sense on one level because the in-law relationship deals with two different people and there is no “one size fits all” solution to make that work.  However, on my 10-step check it off a list side, I would have liked more direction.

No comments:

Post a Comment