Sunday, February 28, 2010

Eat This Not That = David Zinczenko

An entertaining look at the best and worst foods in America.


I really enjoy these books. Granted, I don’t use them as a resource guide like you’re supposed to. I just read them from cover to cover, giggling and learning as I go. Some of the items are fascinating and others are horrifying. And it does sink into my brain and affect my grocery shopping and eating out. Random trivia from the book will pop into my head. Just think how much more effective it would be if I *did* use it as a reference.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read the book, but I being on Atkins have been closely monitoring much of what I eat lately (like literally using a calculator when I eat). It's amazing how incredibly packed full of calories/sugar/carbs some things are. Even diet stuff. For instance, I've found that Low Fat=Sugar was substituted in almost every case. It's amazing how bad some deserts are at restaurants & fast food places. I've found some that had close to 2000 calories for one serving. Well anyhow, eventually I hope to read this book.

    ReplyDelete