Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Honestly - Sheila Walsh

This book isn’t from my bookshelves either (I’m not doing so great on that challenge). But I saw Sheila Walsh speak back in March and just really connected to her message. She has been through the ringer and come out victorious in Jesus and her relationship with God. I could relate to so many things she said that I just wanted to read everything she’s written trying to find additional help for myself.


So I got this book from the library. It is basically her story from one of the lowest points of her life through healing and recovery into the amazing life she is living in God now.

Sheila was a talented Christian singer/songwriter with her own spot on The 700 Club. But what she showed to the world wasn’t who she truly was. She was empty inside, crying out for someone to see her pain and help her. When she took a step of faith that many discourage, she found true freedom.

Practical and applicable. Heart-touching and impacting.

I’ll leave you with a quote:

When the pain of remaining the same is greater than the pain of change, you’ll change. –Sheila Walsh

No comments:

Post a Comment