Monday, July 12, 2010

Emily's Quest - L.M. Montgomery


I do have to say when I am about halfway through the second book of Montgomery’s, I am starting to get over the details and word choice that so enchanted me to start. By the third book, I’m skipping large portions of description and detail. 


Also, this book covered 6-8 years of her life in one fell swoop. It seemed like a lot of ground was covered and so there gaps in the story (although the gaps *could* be due to my skimming at times).

There was a lot more character development of Emily in this book though. She had some hard rows to sew and some great successes. I would have liked to have learned more about how Teddy spent his time during those years. But I guess that’s why it’s “Emily’s Quest” instead of “Teddy’s.”

No comments:

Post a Comment