Sunday, August 15, 2010

Perfectly Dateless - Kristin Billerbeck

I don’t know if I just was not in a “Young Adult” fiction state of mind when I read this today or if I just have such high standards for Kristin Billerbeck because I loved her What a Girl Wants books.


Daisy Crispin is not your average teenage girls. She is smart, but that is about all she has going for her. Her mom makes her clothes, and her parents won’t let her date. But she is determined to go to prom her senior year...and with a date no less. A mix of journal entries and narrative tells the tale.

While I enjoyed the story concept, I was lost several times in this story as it seemed to jump around a lot and things came out of left field that didn’t make a lot of sense.

I think I’ll give it to a teen to read and see if their response to it is better. Maybe at 31 I just can’t get youth fiction any more. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment