Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Back to Life - Kristin Billerbeck

By being a “trophy wife” Lindsay expected to outlive her husband. However, she did not anticipate being a widow at thirty-five. Or to have to deal with Ron’s ex-wife, Jane, as the executor of his estate. But everyone has their secrets, and Ron had a reason for wanting them all together.

I have to be honest, I love Kristin Billerbeck but I was pretty disappointed in this book. (Fingers crossed that her other “newer” book is better since it’s what we chose for book club in February). The story telling was very disjointed and jumpy. And I don’t think that is solely because the chapters alternate voice between Lindsay and Jane. Even within the chapters things didn’t flow.

Additionally, I didn’t really feel or see a lot of character development and change. Lindsay still hasn’t found a plan for her life. She has just found another man (and not the one I was cheering for). Jane grows a bit more, but still not to a satisfying level in my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment