Friday, January 1, 2010

What is this all about?

Well, you see. I have a problem. An addiction, really. To books.

I like to buy books. I like to borrow books. I even like to smell books (Unless I'm borrowing them from a smoker; then they stink a bit.).

So as a part of my New Year's resolution I have tasked myself with this blog...and books.

I have books on my shelves that I bought last year...the year before...5+ years ago...and have never read. I also have books on my shelves that I would love to re-read. And, truthfully, I'm running out of shelf space.

So for 2010, I will be reading through my bookshelves - encountering new books, revisiting old favorites, and deciding what will stay and what will go. And I will be blogging about it.

Now, since I have a family and a job and another job and a little bit of a life, I will not be reading a book a day (I only read 109 books in all of 2009). I haven't decided what to do with that conundrum yet. Perhaps I will post about the part of the books I'm reading. Perhaps I will post only upon completing a book. Perhaps I will post random life stuff. That remains to be seen.

Also, as a caveat, I still have a basket full of books from the library that I need to read. So I will be reading and posting on those first...before I get to the books I actually own.

I'm going to be starting the new year off reading Karen Kingsbury's latest, Shades of Blue. I've been looking forward to this one for months.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment